2011年10月31日月曜日

Weekly Blog #3

I'm going to talk about a summary/response to Timmmmyboy's "We Are All Artists" lecture as assigned by Michael Branson Smith on the Week 4 Post for CUNY ds106.

He talks about that we are all artists in someway,
and we are surrounded by a lot of forms of arts.

I totally agree with him.
I think life is filled with arts,
and life itself is art as well.
How to paint your daily life with many different colors.

What I mean is that what you do is kind of art.
Like no one can draw exactly same picture,
no one lives the same life.

For example,

A cup of coffee you make every morning,
(The first thing that I do when I wake up every day )
Coffee LOL
Image:Coffee LOL by Javier Benek through CC licensing.

Obento (lunch box) you make for someone special to you,
(I often put ready-made foods and microwave them though :P but still it's nicer than cup ramen, etc... )
Lunch box for January
Image: lunch box for January by monicca through CC licensing.

This lunch box is really artistic!! :) :D :)
ハロウィン弁当

I think anyone can be an artist.
You don't have to major art, to be a proffesional designer, or to make/invent creative things.
There are many forms of art in many different levels.

1 件のコメント:

  1. The point you bring up about decorated bento and coffee is a very ordinary, but very accurate and succinct one I think. A lot of people are definitely interested in coffee and bento "art" and even take part in such without realising that they're in principle doing the same thing as any artist would: Taking a concept and applying it to some form or another.

    返信削除